|CHIEF MASTER SERGEANT MARCUS R. SNODDY|
Chief Master Sgt. Marcus R. Snoddy is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, 455th Air Expeditionary Wing, Bagram Airfield, Afghanistan. The composite wing includes air mobility, close air support, combat search and rescue, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance, electronic attack, aeromedical evacuation and command and control assets which support the International Security Assistance Force and Operation Enduring Freedom.
As the command chief, Chief Snoddy is the senior enlisted adviser to the wing commander on all matters affecting combat operations, health, morale, welfare, discipline and effective utilization of more than 3,500 Total Force Airmen assigned to four groups, 18 squadrons and 11 forward operating locations throughout Afghanistan. Additionally, Chief Snoddy serves as the enlisted Air Force liaison between the wing, joint and coalition senior enlisted leaders, influencing combined joint policies and procedures and ensuring they are known and executed properly.
Chief Snoddy entered active duty Jan. 3, 1985. His background includes numerous leadership roles at squadron, group, numbered air force, major, joint and combatant command levels. He has been stationed at various bases in Japan, Korea, Singapore, Egypt, Germany, Turkey and the United States. Prior to assuming his current position, he served as Command Chief of the 39th Air Base Wing, Incirlik Air Base, Turkey.
1987 NCO Preparatory Course, Yokota Air Base, Japan
1991 USAF Leadership School, Langley Air Force Base, Va.
1996 NCO Academy, Kadena AB, Japan
1997 Associates Degree in Information Resources Management, Community College of the Air Force
2000 Dynamics of International Terrorism, USAF Special Operations School, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
2000 Middle Eastern Orientation Course, USAF Special Operations School, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
2005 United States Army Sergeants Major Academy, Fort Bliss, Texas
2005 United States Army Command Sergeants Major Course, Fort Bliss, Texas
2006 USAF Chief Leadership Course,
2008 Center for Creative Leadership, Leadership Development Program, Greensboro, N.C.
2008 AFSO21 Executive Leaders Course, Knoxville, Tenn.
2008 Defense Equal Opportunity Management Institute, Patrick AFB, Fla.
2008 Associates Degree in General Studies, University of Maryland
2008 Bachelors Degree in Information Systems Management, University of Maryland 2008 IT Project Management Certificate, University of Maryland
2010 Enterprise Management Seminar, Darden School of Business, University of Virginia
2011 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Course, Joint Forces Staff College
2011 Executive Seminar on Mid-East Asia, Alan Freed and Associates, Washington, D.C.
2011 Keystone Command Senior Enlisted Leadership Course, National Defense University, Washington, D.C.
1985 - October 1986, Administrative Security Specialist, United States Air Force Wargaming Center, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
5. October 1986 - October 1988, Mail Processing Specialist, Detachment 2, 6005th Air Postal Squadron, Yokota AB, Japan
6. October 1988 - December 1989, Mail Processing Specialist, Narita Mail Controlling Activity,
Narita International Airport, Japan
7. December 1989 - May 1992, Noncommissioned Officer in Charge, Environmental Plans and Programs Information Management, Directorate of the Civil Engineer, Tactical Air Command, Langley AFB, Va.
8. May 1992 - August 1993, NCOIC, Unit Orderly Room, 628th Airlift Support Squadron, Incirlik AB, Turkey
9. August 1993 - August 1994, Chief, Information Management, Detachment 2, 9th Reconnaissance Wing, Osan AB, Korea
10. August 1994 - August 1996, NCOIC, Operations and Plans Information Management and NCOIC, Tactical Deception Progrm, Headquarters Fifth Air Force, Yokota AB, Japan
11. August 1996 - May 1998, NCOIC, Executive Support, Headquarters, Fifth Air Force, Yokota AB, Japan
12. May 1998 - May 2000, NCOIC then Chief, Information Management, 497th Combat Training Squadron, Paya Lebar, Singapore
13. May 2000 - July 2001, Superintendent, Commander's Support Staff, Peace Vector III, Ismailaya, Egypt
14. July 2001 - July 2002, Superintendent, Comptroller Information Management, Finance and Comptroller Directorate, Headquarters Pacific Air Forces, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
15. July 2002 - May 2004, Executive Superintendent, Plans and Programs Directorate, Headquarters PACAF, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
16. May 2004 - May 2005, Student, United States Army Sergeants Major Academy, Fort Bliss, Texas
17. May 2005 - July 2006, Superintendent to Deputy Commander, Headquarters U.S. European Command, Senior Enlisted Leader and Command IM and Postal Functional Manager, Headquarters, European Command, Patch Barracks, Stuttgart-Vaihingen, Germany
18. July 2006 - April 2007, Executive Assistant to the Chief Master Sergeant of The Air Force, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
19. April 2007 - August 2008, Chief, Force Development Programs, Headquarters Defense Information Systems Agency and Joint Task Force Global Network Operations, Arlington, Va.
20. September 2008 - February 2010, Group Superintendent, 425th Air Base Group, Izmir Air Station, Turkey (June 2009 - December 2009, Group Superintendent, 386th Expeditionary Mission Support Group, Southwest Asia)
21. February 2010 - September 2011, Command Chief, 39th Air Base Wing, Incirlik AB, Turkey
22. October 2011 - Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 455th Air Expeditionary Wing, Bagram Airfield, Afghanistan
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with five oak leaf clusters
1986 Outstanding Postal Airman of the Half-Year, Pacific Air Forces
1991 Commandant's Leadership Award, Tactical Air Command Leadership School, TAC
1992 39th Air Base Wing Noncommissioned Officer of the Year, U.S. Air Forces in Europe
1995 5th Air Force Noncommissioned Officer of the Year Nominee, PACAF
1996 John L. Levitow Graduate, Pacific Air Forces Noncommissioned Officers Academy, PACAF
1996 Academic Achievement Award Winner, Pacific Air Forces NCO Academy, PACAF
1997 5th Air Force Noncommissioned Officer of the Year, PACAF
1997 5th Air Force Information Manager of the Year, PACAF
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Master Sergeant March 1, 2000
Senior Master Sergeant Feb. 1, 2004
Chief Master Sergeant Dec. 1, 2006
(Current as of October 2011)